This year the theme for the photo competition is:
We will award a prize to the People’s choice – to be selected by delegates during the conference and a prize for the best overall photo judged by the ANZAAP Committee. Awards for first place and runner up will be presented during the conference dinner on Thursday January 23rd 2020.
Deadline for photo submissions is January 10th
Submit your photos via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
You must also include a title and brief statement to explain or expand on your image.
Terms and Conditions
- Each image must be submitted in the .jpeg file format and be a minimum of 1600 pixels along the longest edge.
- By entering your images into the competition, you grant to ANZAAP inc a non-exclusive licence to reproduce the images for any purpose in connection with the competition and the Aquatic Symposium including, but not limited to, the following purposes:
- Displaying at the ANZAAP Aquatic Symposium 2020
- Inclusion within the ANZAAP website
Conditions of Entry
- All submitted photographs must be the sole intellectual property of the submitter.
- The judges’ decision on all matters relating to the competition is final, and no correspondence will be entered into concerning the competition’s judging and organisation. Should the quality of entries fall below the standard required, the judges reserve the right not to award prizes.
- Upon request, contest winners must be willing to submit supporting details of the photograph including, but not limited to: details on the subject organisms or individual and photo location.
- If cruel or unethical practices are suspected, the entry will be disqualified.
- A picture that has already won a prize (winner, runner up or commended) in another photography competition is not eligible for entry.